Thursday, June 24, 2010

Terry is more alert all the time. He is rememering what I tell him now, but does not remember people's names. He asked me if he forgot my name, so I said yes and he owes me big time for that slip of forgetfulness. He is having trouble with depth-perception. I do believe most of his trouble will be cognitive. It will come back we hope, but will take up to a year or more. It is amazing how quick the changes have been this past 4 days. God is so gracious.
Terry says that he feels blessed to be used by God. In Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Wow, is that ever true. We have well over 100 people reading this blog. How humbling to feel the power of prayer at work and know that God is using this to reach lives for Him. I have been praying you don't miss your opportunity.
I need to tell you about an incredible family of God. Our small little church family (around 90) have been an example of a church living out God's word. In I John 3:18
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
This family has weeded, protected my garden from the deer, and put in our underground sprinklers and planted my flowers. They have truely lived as the scripture says and it is very humbling. We cannot begin to tell you how much this means to us. They have spent many hours, days, weekends helping us out. Whole families, from 4 years old to 85 years old. What a blessing to see God's word in action. I can't tell you how special these people are to us.
I pray you each find a church family and friends like this.
Love
MaryLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment