Monday, June 7, 2010

Well, we have good news. Terry is much more responsive today. Still in a stage of coma, but improved enough to move to a floor that will start more physical therapy. When the PT was in today she irratated him enough he opened his eyes and responded to a FEW of her commands. He's level of awareness is like when you are in a light dream state. When you can hear things but they become part of your dream and you don't wake up. He is aware of his surroundings somewhat, but not awake enough to do anything about it. By moving to the next level, he will get more stimulus and hopefully wake up. His other vitals are still good. He continues to look handsome and he is receiving mail. We appreciate all the prayers and support, cards, and encouragement. God has been so good to us and has just the perfect plan for our lives. I am so grateful for His loving arms around us. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. Amen to that.
Love,
Mary Lynn

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!! Every response is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary Lynn ~

    I so appreciate you're taking time to blog the updates. I was in WY when I saw on FB what happened to Terry. My heart sank as I knew you are and will continue to be in one of the life storms that only God can see us through. Gary and I have faced our own since last July. I have lifted up BOTH of you in prayer from the first day I heard. I will continue to pray and check your updates. I'm thankful you have family over there. A very short verse, but one that has proven so true for me is Psalm 3:5 that says: "I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me." There have been days I truly did not think I could go on, but God ALWAYS proves faithful and carries me through somehow, and I know HE will do the same for you.

    Love and prayers for ALL your family ~ Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see Terry's improvements. Am so curious to see the whole plan unfold. It will be good!!!
    LOve,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for His faithfulness, His love, and His calming presence! May you be filled with His strength!!

    ReplyDelete